These last few weeks have been extremely busy. Here’s what’s been happening:
- I now volunteer as Social Media Chair for the Greater Lakes Region Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. As part of my new responsibilities, I maintain their Facebook page, as well as the blog site I’ve just created for them. Check it out at http://pinkribbonsblog.com.
- This past Saturday evening, I was honored to be one of the speakers at the NH HOBY Leadership Seminar. What a wonderful experience! I met some dynamic high school sophomores (78 in all), and was able to share with them how important it is to follow their dreams and to volunteer in their communities. (I’m sure they were amused by how fast I spoke!) Find out more about this great organization at http://nhhoby.org.
- Last evening, I was at a taping for the TV program Lakes Region Spotlight. The show features three local authors (of course, I’m one of them!) and will be broadcast on Lakes Region Public Access Channel 25 within the next few weeks. I’ll post the viewing schedule here as soon as it’s available. For those not from this area, don’t despair. I’ll be putting it on YouTube (with their blessings) after it airs.
- Besides still working full-time at my day job and all I’ve mentioned above, I’ve also been very active posting and reviewing poetry almost daily at http://thenextbigwriter.com. If you’re a writer, you might want to check out this wonderful online writing community.
- And, last but not least, here’s some exciting book news!! I’ve just finished final edits to the typeset copy of in Woolen Bikinis and am happy to announce we’re still right on schedule. The book will be available later this month!!
Sound busy enough? Now you know why I haven’t been blogging as often these days! However, it’s all exciting stuff and, with the new book release, I’ll have plenty to talk and blog about for the rest of the year!