In several ways, moving into a new home is like giving birth to a child.
- Everyone offers congratulations about the forthcoming new home or child, but don’t warn you about what you’re likely to go through before achieving it (until after you’ve actually done so).
- No matter how well you prepare for the special event, you’re never really ready for it.
- The process of moving (giving birth) guarantees sore muscles, bruises and sometimes lasting scars.
- After it’s over, your life becomes completely disorganized. Old routines go out the window and you have to adapt to many changes.
- And there’s a guarantee of at least a few sleepless nights.
HOWEVER, there comes a time when you forget about how much labor was involved in the process and realize (hopefully) the result was well worth it.
Guess what I’ve been doing this past month to explain why I haven’t been blogging lately?
Moving into a new home! (No, not having another baby.)